OPENING OR OPERATING A BUSINESS IN BLAIR TOWNSHIP:
Whether constructing a new building or renovating an existing one, the following permits and licenses must be obtained and/or registrations completed:
- > Building Permit – Under the Pennsylvania Uniform Construction Code (UCC) and Township ordinance, a building permit is required and UCC inspection criteria met.
- > Pertinent American with Disabilities Act (ADA) requirements must be met.
- > Commercial Occupancy Permit – Required and can be obtained through the PA Department of Labor & Industry.
- > Business License – Required and can be obtained through the PA Department of Labor & Industry.
- > Blair County Tax Collection Bureau – Businesses must be registered with this Bureau.
- > Zoning – There is no zoning in Blair Township.
IRC 2009 Section R110 Certificate of Occupancy. R110.1-No building or structure shall be used or occupied, and no change in the existing occupancy classification of a building or structure or portion thereof shall be made until the cognizant building official has issued a certificate.
CONTACT & FURTHER INFORMATION:
CODE OF ALLIANCE:
PA DEPARTMENT OF
LABOR & INDUSTRY:
BIDS & CONTRACTS:
There are no current bids.
LOCAL TAX FEES:
SUSAN HAUPT – TAX COLLECTOR
556 Hillside View Drive
Duncansville, Pa 16635
Tuesday & Thursday: 9:00AM – 1:00PM
Evenings & Saturdays by appointment
Taxes collected through Ms. Haupt’s office include property taxes for the township, county, school district, and Per Capita Tax.